The Kairos Benevolence Fund (KBF) donation process also consists of three components: communicating the needs of our aging Ministers and Missionaries, encouraging donations by churches and individuals, and creating strategic partnerships.
Communicating the Need: Kairos endeavors to raise an awareness of the urgent needs existing among aging Christian leaders. Churches, individuals and corporations are asked to join Kairos in creating a culture to honor, appreciate and love those who have paved the way for our Christian faith.
Making Donations: You can make a difference by:
- Donating Online – click here;
- Mailing a gift to the following address:
KAIROS BENEVOLENCE FUND
PO Box 19700
IRVINE, CA 92623-9700
Each donation may be designated to one of the following three accounts*:
- The Endowment Account – from which interest and dividends will be used to provide grants, presently and for years into the future.
- The Distribution Account – used for the immediate funding of grants.
- Individual Accounts – on behalf of specific individuals to whom Kairos has authorized benevolent grants.
(*Gifts not containing a specific designation will be added to the endowment account.)
Creating Strategic Partnerships:
- The Center for Church Leadership – Kairos is pleased to partner with the Center for Church Leadership. In its effort to provide support, mentoring, and coaching to Christian church ministers, opportunities may be identified where benevolent financial assistance is needed. Donations to Kairos may be designated for general or specific needs identified from time-to-time through CCL contacts, and approved by the Kairos Board and/or Distribution Team.
- Through its Co:Lab initiative, Kairos encourages partnerships with local churches to link specific benevolence opportunities with individual congregations. Co:Lab partners receive detailed information about ministry heroes of the faith, the specific needs they are facing, and collect a special offering to help meet these needs. To sign up to be a Co:Lab partner, contact us.
Kairos acknowledges that appeals for specific needs are more effective than general appeals. As a result Kairos employs fundraising strategies that include support for specific projects or approved benevolence applications provided that confidentiality is maintained or permission is received from the grant recipient. All fundraising methods will clearly present the following disclosure:
Contributions to the Kairos Benevolence Fund are administered and disbursed under the supervision of the Board of Directors and the control of the Kairos Benevolence Fund Distribution Team. Gifts to the organization that indicate a preference for a particular project or individual need are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. In the event that a specific project or need is overfunded, gifts will be used to meet another project or need of the Benevolence Fund.
At the discretion of the organization, charitable gift acknowledgments with similar disclosures will be provided for all gifts that conform with this policy. Kairos Benevolence Fund reserves the right to accept or reject the gift accordingly.